Body Analysis & NutritionTogether in every effort
Science serves your will
The nutrition department of THESEUS compiles a nutrition plan, educates and informs patients on the importance of nutrition for their physical and mental health.
Based on a tailored nutrition program, in combination with a specialised exercise list, we aim either to weight loss or increase, or to increase muscle fibre.
The nutritional assessment of outpatients includes the following:
- Assessment of the overall condition of the individual.
- Collection of information concerning the needs of the individual in terms of nutrients and the preservation of their good health.
- Clinical examination of the individual to locate malnutrition symptoms, such as paleness, marasmus, koilonychia (spoon nails)
- Taking and assessment of special characteristics.
- Assessment of the nutritional uptake of the individual, following registration and analysis of the food consumed. The registration takes place by the individuals themselves or by the dietician, using a nutrition log.
- Conduct of anthropometric examinations, which include weighing and measurement of height and waist / hip circumference. This is followed by analysing the metabolism and the composition of the individual’s body, using a lipometer.